Well, here it is. Already. Again. Another Monday. I can’t believe how quickly time is flying! Hubs so conveniently pointed out that we’re 1/5 of the way through March ALREADY. (Holy crap!) And there are only 292 shopping days left until Christmas/his birthday!
Like I really needed that reminder!
It’s quite fitting that the topic for this week’s blogging carnival is fitting it all in. Question: What are your strategies to fit everything into your busy life? Any areas you need to work on?
Strategies… um. I don’t really have any of those. I’m a
completely disorganized fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl.
Hubster and I both work full-time outside the home. Our schedules are definitely not the standard 9-5 gig. Hubs works 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday with the occasional weekend thrown in. I work 6:30am-6:30pm any given three days of the week. Those days I’m up before the butt-crack of dawn, work, come home, eat something quick and easy, and go to bed. Days I’m not working, I want a little Me Time. I want to catch up on my
Grey’s, Private Practice, Teen Mom 2, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives educational television. I don’t really have a lot of desire to do laundry, mop the floor, scrub the toilet. There are times I get a hankering to scrub a toilet, but those are few and far between. Laundry gets done when Hubs or I run out of clean socks. I’m definitely NOT June Cleaver.
Strategies are something I think I need to work on. If I had a scheduled day/time to do vacuum, do laundry, etc. I think I would be more content with how my house looks and less down on myself for not being June Cleaver. If I kept up on the laundry during the week the laundry hamper wouldn’t be overflowing and the office could be used as an office and not a clean, but not folded, clothing storage facility. A 15 minute pick up routine would mean NOT having to spend hours cleaning the house. I can say it, but I have to put it in to action.
Hubs and I don’t currently have any children. Routines and schedules are going to be ESSENTIAL when that time does come. I should probably start doing it now. Heaven only knows what a little kid could find in our house!
This week has been pretty amazing.
- I’ve averaged about 96+ ounces of water a day.
- I went for long walks twice. I’m not sure exactly how far I went, but it was a rare sunshine filled day so I walked for over an hour.
- One of those long walks ended with a run around the neighborhood. It wasn’t far, or pretty, but I did it. And I’m going to do it again. Next time I’ll wear pants with a drawstring. Constantly hitching up my pants so my backside didn’t make an appearance and tucking the ‘girls’ back in must have been comical.
- Hubster wanted a Shake Weight. I’ve been using it 8-10 times a day. I’m going to have tickets to the gun show any day now. And it totally works your abs too!
- I used the Nordic Track twice this week for an average of 45 minutes a time.
- And I bought the Reebok Easy Tone shoes. Dang, these things are giving me a workout like I never imagined. My calves are sore, but it hurts so good. 🙂 * I would not recommend wearing them while driving* It’s difficult to feel the pedals. Thankfully, my
begging and pleadingcharm and charisma got me out of a speeding ticket.
And the BEST NEWS OF ALL!
My former skinny jeans are now my fat pants!
Those ounces of water really add up. I have the world’s smallest bladder. I had to GO! Didn’t remember I had changed from sweats to jeans, all I knew was that I had to pee and I had to pee NOW. Slight tug and my jeans fell to the floor. No unbuttoning. No unzipping. No effort. Down they went. WooooHoooo!
My goals for this week are to keep doing what I’m doing, something is obviously working. I’d like to incorporate little exercises I can do at work, but I could not be more pleased with the results I’m getting!
I hope you ladies have an awesome week!
This post is sponsored by Earth Footwear and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway.